Sunday, April 7, 2013

2012 Cinerea wine

John Barnett and I tasted his 2012 Plainview Cinerea, Friday.  It was a 'one bottle batch'.  John thought it went bad early in fermentation, but added some sugar and things seemed to turn around.

It definitely was not vinegar.  It was a sweet red with a very dark red color. Alcohol content was high.

Acid was probably low.  My comment was 'fruity, but the fruit is all bundled up'.  John thought the grapes had raisined (he picked the berries in November).

My other comment was, 'it is a bit like fruit juice, not wine.  It doesn't have much bite.'  This might be a lack of tannins.

There were no odd overtones.  No grass, no herbs, no labrusca.

We sat around and had a nice conversation on John's porch, watching the sun set.  Contributing to conversation is high on my list of wine qualities, so I was very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment